Young Jackfruit In Coconut Milk Recipe - Masak Lemak Nangka
RECIPES OF MALAYSIA
A traditional dish from the northern
region of Kelantan, near to its neighbor, Kedah. A unique coconut based curry with the aroma
of young jackfruits.
1 1/2 cm
Young jackfruit, peeled
and cut into bit-size pieces
meat, cut into bite-size pieces
Fresh turmeric root
or 1tsp ground turmeric powder
Dried tamarind slice
Small turmeric leaf.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil, then add
jackfruit pieces and continue to boil until it is tender. Drain and set aside. The process
should take approx. 8 -10 minutes.
- Process the shallots, chilies and turmeric to a smooth paste
in a blender.
- Transfer to a wok or pan and add chicken. Cook over medium
heat, for approx. 15 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, salt and jackfruit..
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then simmer uncovered
over low heat for another 15 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Season with salt, tamarind and turmeric leaf and let it
simmer for another 5 minutes and remove form heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
Asian Melting Pot
Subscribe to our FREE e-newsletter below
SYNDICATE THIS WEBSITE VIA RSS NEWS FEED
| VISIT OUR
Copyright © 2003 - 2009
Asian Recipes Online. All Rights reserved.
Last updated :
02 March, 2009
Visitors Online: 1